Get In Touch
Contact Us Anytime!
If you have found a lost or stray dog or cat please take it to a local veterinarian to see if it has a microchip.
If you need to surrender your pet, please send a short ‘BIO” with pictures and why you need to re-home your pet. We will try to help as much as we can. If you are unable to keep your pet please try to find a family or friend that can help foster or provide a home for him or her. Approximately 75% of dogs and 90% of the cats do not make it out of a shelter. We cannot guarantee that we will take your pet under our rescue, but will help if we can.
To Report A Found Animal or For Pet Surrenders
Paw Prints in the Sand Animal Rescue
220 Newport Center Dr. #11-525
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for contacting Paw Prints in the Sand Animal Rescue. We are a foster-based organization run by a team of volunteers with full-time jobs, families, and running a nonprofit organization while trying to save as many lives as we can.
Thanks again for your interest in helping a homeless pet and being a voice for the voiceless!
Peace, Love and Paws!
What is your adoption process?
1. We require an adoption application, which can be filled out at www.pawprintsinthesand.org/adopt.
2. Once we receive that, we will contact you to conduct a phone interview.
3. After we’ve had the chance to get to know you and feel you would make an awesome pet parent for the pet in which you’re interested, we’ll schedule a meet and greet with you and the pet.
4. We require an in-home home check (not virtual) for all adoption candidates.
5. We are in California and do not do out of state adoptions.
6. If approved, we will send you the payment options available to pay the adoption donation.
7. Adoption fees: The amount of the donation varies depending upon type, age and breed of pet, but the average adoption donation is $300. All fees go towards our life-saving programs.
8. All of our rescue pets are spayed or neutered, vaccinated and microchipped prior to adoption WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PUPPIES. If you are interested in adopting a puppy, we require a $100 spay/neuter deposit. ALL puppies must be fixed by 6 months of age NO EXCEPTIONS (other than a current health issue). We cover the cost of the procedure to be performed at one of our partner vets.
9. FINALLY! Once the adoption fee and agreement are received, we will make arrangements with you to take home your new family member! Congrats!
Do you have a facility where I can come meet your adoptable pets?
No, we do NOT have a facility where you can schedule an appointment or jsut drop in in meet our pets. PLEASE SEE THE INFORMATION BELOW ON HOW TO MEET OUR PETS.
How can I meet your adoptable pets?
We are a foster based organization. If you are interested in meeting any of our pets in person, you may do so at one of our live adoption events. Those are listed at www.pawprintsinthesand.org/events or on our Facebook page.
What if I need to rehome my pet?
We love helping all pets and want to help pet owners find solutions so they can keep their pets and not contribute to the problem. We know that sounds harsh, but millions of wonderful, loving pets are euthanized in our shelters every year due to overpopulation. We can’t save those already in the shelters and at risk of being euthanized if we have to take on YOUR pet. We are a foster based organization. We do not have a facility. We never have enough fosters to save the ones already there, so it’s highly unlikely we would we have one for yours.
So, how can we help? If you need fence repair for an escape artist; training tips for behavior issues; feeling overwhelmed due to a dramatic change in your life (new baby, divorce, move, new job, etc.); not allowed to have pets other than a therapy or service animal? We can help!
If you truly cannot keep your pet, then we are very sad for him/her. We hope you have spoken with you vet, made flyers and have tried to rehome responsibly by using one of the many tools out there such as RescueMe.org or Adoptapet.com
I am interested in fostering a pet. What is included?
Sadly, over 1.5 million companion animals are killed every year in our nation’s shelter system. We are a foster-based organization and cannot save a life without a dedicated foster in place. If you are interested in fostering a rescue pet, please email us at email@example.com or visit www.pawprintsinthesand.org/foster
You can also be a ‘virutal foster’ for just $10 per month! This will help us provide the medical care, food and supplies we so desperately need for our rescue pets. To become a virtual foster, please go to: https://www.pawprintsinthesand.org/recurring-donation
How can I donate?
We can’t save lives without the generous financial and in-kind donations from our supporters. If you are interested in making a monetary donation, please visit https://www.pawprintsinthesand.org/donate. If you would like to make an in-kind donation of food, flea medication, crates, blankets, leashes, etc., please fill out our in-kind donation form at https://www.pawprintsinthesand.org/inkind-donation.
How can I volunteer?
We are always looking for volunteers to help with events, transport, meet and greets, and foster assistance. If you are interested in volunteering and helping us continue to save precious lives, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I would like to submit a blog post. How do I do that?
If you are interested in submitting a post for our blog, please refer to the following guidelines: https://www.pawprintsinthesand.org/submission-guidelines
Are you a 510c3 public charity?
Yes, Paw Prints in the Sand is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to saving the lives of stray, abandoned and abused animals. We are an all-volunteer network that provides foster homes, vet care, training and ultimately a loving forever home for our rescues.