There is no better way to make a difference in a rescue pet’s life than providing him/her with a loving forever home! To view a list of our adoptable pets, please click the ‘Meet Our Pets’ button below to view our adoptable pets.
When you adopt from Paw Prints in the Sand, you have the peace of mind knowing that all of our pets are microchipped, spayed or neutered, up-to-date on all vaccinations, healthy* and have received basic training.
1. We require an adoption application, which can be filled out below.
2. Once we receive that, we will contact you to conduct a phone interview.
3. After we’ve had the chance to get to know you and feel you would make an awesome pet parent for the pet in which you’re interested, we’ll schedule a meet and greet with you and the pet.
4. We require an in-home home check (not virtual) for all adoption candidates.
5. We are in California and do not do out of state adoptions.
6. If approved, we will send you the payment options available to pay the adoption fees. Fees vary depending upon type, age and breed of the pet, but the average adoption donation is $300.
7. All fees go towards our life-saving programs and are not considered tax-deductible**.
8. All of our rescue pets are spayed or neutered, vaccinated and microchipped prior to adoption WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PUPPIES. If you are interested in adopting a puppy, we require a $100 spay/neuter deposit. ALL puppies must be fixed by 6 months of age NO EXCEPTIONS (other than a current health issue). We cover the cost of the procedure to be performed at one of our partner vets.
9. FINALLY! Once the adoption fee and agreement are received, we will make arrangements with you to take home your new family member! Congrats!
WE DO NOT HAVE A FACILITY WHERE YOU CAN JUST POP IN OR SCHEDULE A VISIT TO MEET OUR PETS. PLEASE SEE THE INFORMATION BELOW ON HOW TO MEET OUR PETS.
All of our animals are in foster homes throughout Southern California. If you are interested in meeting one of our pets, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the adoption application below. You can also meet our pets at one of our adoption events located at Petco Stores around Orange County. For a list of events, please visit our Events page.
Unfortunately, due to limited resources, we cannot accommodate out-of-state adoptions at this time. If you are looking to adopt a new family member, please visit your local shelter or contact animal rescues in your area. You can also check for pets in need of a forever home in your area on adopt-a-pet, RescueMe.org, or your local Petco.
*Some of our rescue pets may have behavior issues or pre-existing health conditions. We discuss any and all health issues that may exist with interested adopters prior to adoption.
**Because fees are received in exchange for your pet, adoption fees typically are not considered a donation. Please consult with your tax professional for more information.